About me

Thursday, 9 April 2015

Two recent cards

Hello everyone I hope you are all enjoying this lovely weather we are having at the moment.

Today I have photos of 2 cards that I made recently.  One is a birthday card & the other a Thinking of You card. Whilst browsing the Internet a little while ago I spotted a design that I rather liked & so decided to try my version, sadly I cannot remember here I saw it so cannot give some credit to another crafter.  If I find it again I will update the post.

Here are the cards;



Both cards were built on a black base card after which I chose the Promarkers that I was going to use for the flower colours. After this I searched plain paper & card to find the closest match I could for the matting & layering, along with ribbon - in the case of the pink card.  The coloured card was then layered onto the black card & a piece of white card with the images on layered onto that with the ribbon wrapped around it.

Both designs have had the imaged stamped twice in black ink & then embossed in clear EP.  On another piece of white card I stamped & embossed the image again & coloured it, then finally I cut it out & adhered it to the main image.  The cutting out in both was a bit fiddly.  The pink one had quite a few curly bits & the stem was very thin.  The yellow one had fatter stems but then had closed areas between the leaves which I had to cut out so that the design underneath would show through.

I am very pleased with the results & will use this idea again.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.

1 comment:

  1. Two gorgeous cards Gloria. Love the technique. I am no good at fussy cutting, You have done these really well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.