About me

Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Two Diorama cards

Good morning everyone.

Today I have photos of 2 recent cards made in the Diorama style.  A colleague created the template & is going to be showing my club members how to make the card.  But as soon as I saw her samples I knew it was what I wanted for these 2 cards.  So thank you Carolyn.

The first one was for a wedding & the brides colour choice for her day set me a challenge - yellow & purple.


The template has the marks on it to create a square aperture - so for this card I decided to go with the heart aperture.  The flourish is one from Tattered Lace & the little yellow flowers are from an inexpensive die I found at my local craft shop. The white purple edged flowers are from my stash with the small version of the flower die added to them.

The second card was for a friends Silver Wedding Anniversary;


This time I went for the square aperture because I was including a photo of them as a feature.  The card is made from silver card with an etched heart pattern on it.  As the reverse of the silver card was white I had to line the inside of the back card for a better finish.  The photo I managed to get from the brides father & this I scanned & then printed on vellum. I then cut the same aperture from the back of the card so that when stood up the light shines through the photo.  The same Tattered Lace flourish was used & some white flowers from my stash with gems added.

Very happy with both cards.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.

3 comments:

  1. These are both lovely Gloria, will *we* be learning this sometime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jo
      Carolyn is going to visit the club & show everyone.
      Gloria

      Delete
  2. These are brilliant Gloria. Love the design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.