About me

Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Playing

Good afternoon & goodness another week between posts - I really must pull my socks up.

Earlier in the year I attended a workshop to learn a technique called paint dripping.  It was a fun afternoon, but my painting didn't quite achieve the desired result.  So it has been sitting in my craft room with me looking at it from time to time to try & decide what I was going to do with it. Throwing it away was not an option.

Here is the painting;


The background did not have that dripped look.

I have been thinking recently about trying my hand at creating an Art Journal.  A place to store the little forays into art, rather than card making, that I do.  So I purchased a very nice book & decided I would see how I could alter this picture & put it in the journal for my first page.

Here is the painting with the additions I put in & now safely glued into the book;


I stamped the word dragonfly with a set of stamps where every letter in the set is a different font & style.  On the Internet I found some sayings about dragonflies which I rather liked so I hand wrote them onto the work.  I stamped & embossed 2 small dragonflies giving them lilac gems for their heads.  Next I added some glitter to the large dragonfly, underlined the wording & added a dotted line around the large dragonfly.  As you can see I also tore around the edges of the painting to lose the straight edges which I then inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink to help lift the sheet from the page.

It won't win prizes - but I am much happier with it & enjoyed the experience.  I am looking forward to the next thing that pops into my head.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you found your visit interesting.






2 comments:

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.