About me

Friday, 27 February 2015

New techniques learnt

Hello everyone - goodness I have been gone a lot of days again.

At one of the stamping clubs that I run each month, one of my ladies showed us 2 new techniques that we had discovered - I was on holiday & didn't get to see how it was done.  Then last week she kindly came along to another of the clubs & showed it to those ladies & I was there this time.

The two techniques are called Etching & Pointillism.

Here are the 2 samples I worked & finished off at home;


This is the Etching technique & it is amazing the difference those little lines to the petals make.


Here is a sample of an image partly completed which clearly shows the difference with & without the Etching.  This one was created by one of my club members.


This is my Pointillism sample.
I had difficulty with the dots at first because I was using Promarkers & the inks seemed to bleed into each other.  This was done with cheap felt tip pens - hence the very bright colours.

I love both of these techniques & will be using them again.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.



2 comments:

  1. Gloria these are fabulous. I especially love the etching technique. I have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marie-Louise. I found the etching quite absorbing & compulsive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.