About me

Thursday, 12 February 2015

different for me

Good evening - this evening I have 2 cards to show you that are very different to the normal style that I usually create.

Let me show you the cards & then explain a little bit;


This card came about because I had a 6x6 pad of papers sitting on my desk after making another card. I liked the page shown above & beneath it was a toning page.  On this toning page I stamped & embossed some outline flowers, which I then cut out.  Onto the page itself I stamped 2 vines in the top left corner & then added the flowers above those.  Before adding the flowers I layered the page onto some cream card then some light green card & that was then put onto a white scalloped edged card.  I then added the flowers & the "birthday wishes".  Also before layering the papers onto the card I stamped the vine down both edges just to relieve the whiteness.

The flowers are from a Dreamees stamp set & I have decided to stamp these out not only on white card to be coloured in - but also - on patterned paper, & to build a collection for use in future card making.

The second card is this one;


This one came from one of the background pages I produced whilst testing my gelli- plate.  Just before making that page I had bought a magazine that had a feather stamp & stencil as a freebie. Inside the magazine they mentioned a sister magazine that had a matching die for the feather. So! I bought that magazine too.

I stamped & die cut 3 feathers & added them to the corners of the card,   I also coloured in some of the pre-stamped flowers I had made as mentioned above & placed one at the base of the group of feathers & then one each at 2 of the corners.  Then I stamped the sentiment in black.

I then layered the page onto black card which was then layered onto a square white card.

They are different to my normal;style but I am pleased with them. Most importantly I am trying different things & using more of my stash.

I hope you enjoyed your visit, please call again.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.