About me

Sunday, 8 February 2015

50th birthday card

Good morning everyone I hope you are all having a really nice weekend.

Today I have a couple of photos of a 50th birthday card that I made last week.


I started with a plain white square card which I covered with this pretty yellow & lilac striped paper.  I just loved the little sprays of lilac on it.  I die-cut a purple oval scallop onto which I stamped & embossed in gold "Birthday Wishes".  I also stamped, embossed in gold & cut out the flowers which I then coloured with Promarkers & added little gems to the centres.

The 50 was die-cut using a set of dies I have had a long time.  The alpha & the numerals come in 2 shapes - a thick one & a thin one which are supposed to be layered on top of each other for a really nice effect.  But I chose to use only the thin version & this I added to the petals of the large flower.


In the paper pad were these matching papers which I used for the inserts, turning one of them around the other way.  I added another slim 50 & stamped the verse in black.


A close up of the verse.

Thank you for your visit please call again soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.