About me

Thursday, 11 December 2014

two more Christmas cards

Good evening everyone.

I can't believe there are now only 2 weeks to go.  This time in 2 weeks we will be sat quietly recovering from a great Christmas meal & all the work that has gone before & finally relaxing & enjoying the company of family.

Today I had a lunch to attend & when I put the cards together to take with me realised I had miscalculated & needed to make 2 more in a little bit of a hurry.  So they needed to be quick, clean & simple.

Every year I have on standby a small pack of cards - you never know if you will need them.  So they came in very handy for this shortfall.  No! I didn't just write in a shop bought card -  I recycled them.



I cut the trees of the front of the cards - found some background paper that went very well with them. I then edged the paper with gold peel-off borders to lift it from the base white card, added a gold star & greeting.

Not sure what I was doing when I photographed the lower one - the bottom edge looks weird - but I can assure you it was straight & evenly placed.  Looking at it now I wish I had had time to add a little glitter.

Hopefully I will have another of my designs to show you tomorrow - then I think that is me done - except for family cards & I can't show you those until after Christmas.

Have a lovely evening & thank you for visiting.



1 comment:

  1. Great cards. Funny how we never get the number exactly right. I am just wondering who I have forgotten this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.