About me

Saturday, 25 October 2014

birthday card

Good afternoon everyone - today I have a birthday card to show you, made for our son-in-law who lives in the USA.  I do find making cards for men somewhat of a challenge but recently bought some embossing folders which I am hoping will make the task easier.


I embossed the watches folder onto a piece of black card & then highlighted some of the embossing with Gleam gilding wax.  Then I layered this onto blue paper & mounted it onto a square black card - tent style.  The ship & the greeting were stamped in black ink & embossed with clear EP, then the images torn out to give some age to them.  I went around the edges with Black Soot distress ink to add a little more age & these were then mounted on sticky pads.

His birthday isn't until November, but you have to post them so early to make sure they arrive in time albeit generally a little early.

Thank you for visiting my little blog please call again.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, very 'manly' - and you're right, they're never easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.