About me

Friday, 26 September 2014

new stamps - part 3

Good evening everyone, after a slow start today I managed to complete making the cards with my 4 new stamps.

I have 2 to show you today & then the other 2 tomorrow, this is because lighting was not that good so I have left 2 to take tomorrow.

After colouring the images I played around with quite a few different colours of card to back them onto.  I like a vintage style look & with a card I made some months ago I had layered the image onto Kraft card.  So I decided to do that again, but then the next challenge is what that gets layered onto.

The card I had stamped on was white so one of the first things did was to put a watercolour stain on to it to take that whiteness off.  This of course was after deciding to tear around the images for a further distressed / vintage look. I then pulled out various base cards to see what looked best - at first I thought cream but then I pulled out a black card ...............


Because of the oval shape of this image after placing it on the Kraft card I thought a tag shape would suit.  The ribbon down the side & on the tag is lemon to match the large rose.


On this one I added ribbon to tone with the flowers.

I am a little disappointed, not in my card making, but in my photography - the ageing of the white card is not showing up that well.

Thank you for stopping bu my little blog I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Any comments are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.