About me

Wednesday, 10 September 2014

More paper flowers

Good morning everyone

Yesterday was a non-crafting day as I had a very pleasant day out with a friend.  Although we couldn't let it be totally craft free & found a craft area in the store we visited & made some purchases we just couldn't resist.

Monday evening I played a little more with making paper flowers - again out of ordinary paper to see how they would turn out before using better paper.

This time I used punches.  I have a couple of sets of Tonic Petal Pairs, so I thought I would work with those, although for this session I used them individually rather than in their pairs.

Here are the results;



I wanted to see if I could make rose-style flowers.
In this one my centre got squashed.



This one turned out much better but still needs the central bud to be a little tighter.



With this punch I thought I would try a different flower & before curling the petals & putting movement in them I cut each of them in half.  In the centre I put a small punched snowflake - but I think in future a gem or button would be better.

I did discover during this session that these fingers of my mine are not as nimble as they used to be & did find putting the layers together a little tricky.  But we will continue on & practice.

I also went on to try using a die & used the stamps again, but I haven't had time to sort the photos for those, so I will probably pop back later.

This afternoon I am taking a crochet workshop - a new group - which I always find interesting.  It is lovely seeing their faces as they realise they can crochet & it wasn't as difficult as they thought.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.