About me

Sunday, 21 September 2014

Isn't the Internet great?

Hi everyone - I find out lots of things from the Internet - both craft wise & other.  There are so many people out there willing to share their ideas.

I hope I am not breaking any copyright here when I say that I found a really good hint / tip in the latest Joanna Sheen newsletter.  It is to do with the cutting plates for die cutting machines,.  We all know that they get badly marked & that at sometime we may have to buy new ones.

A lady wrote to Joanna Sheen's newsletter "Hints & Tips" section with the following;

"Here is a great tip for restoring die cutting plates that have become scratched and bent.

Set oven to 170f and let it heat up

Wrap plates individually in a single layer of tin foil.

Place flat in an ovenproof dish and place a heavier weight over this.

Allow to heat up for 30 minutes

Remove from oven, remove foil (take care it will be very hot) and allow to cool.

Wash plates in warm soapy water and “hey presto” your plates are like new."

This lady  bought new plates before she found this tip but only used them once. She is still using the old ones and they are perfect.

Definitely worth a try - I haven't done yet - but it is on my list of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.