About me

Sunday, 14 September 2014

CD Sunday - Happily ever after

Good morning everyone

Time for another challenge & once again it is the one at CD Sunday Challenge, where the theme is "Happily Ever After", which covers weddings & anniversaries.  My card is an anniversary card which will be sent out in a month or two.  The challenge gave me the ideal time to make something a little different.

My image & background paper have been taken from the Joanna Sheen CD "Dancing with Shadows".


I have used one of those lovely Elegant Frame easel cards from Creative World of Crafts - the one with the tulip top.  The topper for this card was actually a different colour (see photo below), & I wasn't happy with it so I decided to re-colour this one with Distress Ink & used Seedless Preserves I also added just a little of Picked Raspberry to get the shade I wanted. I decided to layer it onto black because of the silhouette image & then onto the patterned paper from the CD.  It still needed a lift so I went around the edges of each layer including the card, with a Versamark pad then embossed them with silver EP.  The floralbackground paper I also used a corner rounder on the 2 bottom corners to copliment the shape of the card. On my desk, left over from another card making session were these lovely tulips in just the right colour, so I added those as well, on sticky pads.  The sentiment & the greeting were stamped with Versamark & embossed with silver EP

This next photo shows the original colour - a sort of buttermilk with a yellow tone.  I noticed that the Antique Linen Distress Ink went well with it so printed some background paper also from the same CD & re-coloured that.  But I was foiled (for now at least) as to where to go after that.  I will return to it sometime soon.


Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit & please call again.  Why not pop over to the challenge site & see the lovely creations that will be there - just click on the name at the beginning of the post.

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely - the colouring really sets off the image. I'm not familiar with this CD, must look out for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet romantic card. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the unusual shape of your card. The image is lovely too. I'm sure the happy couple will love this card. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have put a lot into this card and it shows, beautifully balanced a little gem of a card.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday .
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and just shows how different an image can look using different colours.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card and I like all the elements you've added to it. I can tell you've put a lot into this card with such stunning result.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday htis time.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card and you have thought about what you wanted to do and it shows. Love the shape of the card, not seen this style before.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
    Christine x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colour added behind the silhouettes. Looks so different. Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.