About me

Thursday, 21 August 2014

Wallet card

Hello everyone I thought I would show you another Wallet Card I have made - this time using stamping in the design.

Before I made it I tried working out the idea I had for inside but my first idea failed miserably - so tomorrow I will work on another idea.

As I was thinking what stamping to do on this card I had an idea to use something I had seen on Create & Craft recently.  I had watched a programme with Wendy from Card-io with her latest sets of stamps & she did all her demonstration using black ink.  It was very dramatic - so I chose some nice blue card I had & one of her floral sets & used Versafine black ink.


To create the little tab to hold the flap down I drew around a label die-cut that was on my desk & inked the edge with black Promarker then stamped the little butterflies.  I rather liked the effect but the lower section looked a bit too plain.  I didn't want anymore stamping as that would overpower it - so I scored pairs of lines using my Hougie board.  I am not sure they show up too well in the photo - unless they are clearer if you click on it & get a larger view.

This little card is going to be very useful at Christmas for giving book tokens etc - so I now need to look out appropriate Christmas stamps.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.
'Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.