About me

Saturday, 2 August 2014

Use it up session

Good afternoon everyone - I hope your weekend is going well.

Over the last few weeks my little craft room has got rather untidy.  I know it doesn't have to be pristine, but my room includes a visitors bed & I had started dumping things on it with the promise to myself I would put them away properly later.  Anyway today I started doing that & also there was a bag to sort out containing loads of bits & pieces that had been a raffle prize I won at a recent paper craft fair.

Once I started going through the contents I knew that I had to start using things - so that is what I have been up to this afternoon.  So I picked out some ready folded cards, a sheet of toppers, a pad of pretty papers & set to work.

 These are the envelopes I picked


here are the toppers taken from their sheet


& the pad of pretty papers


I separated the circle toppers from their square frames & glued the frames to some pink backing paper


then I cut them out leaving a small margin around the outside edges.
Important note here - to do this cutting I used my Perfect Layers rulers, which I have had for a while
& this is the first time I have used them.


I offset the toppers in the aperture & added a peel-off "Happy Birthday"
I also added some glitter glue in the darker areas of the flower, then some little gems at the corners.


All they need now is an insert & they are ready to go.
Looking at the photo above I wonder if I should have tried getting some colour on the card to take some of the whiteness away.  Perhaps not.

That's me for now - have a nice weekend.
'Bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.