About me

Thursday, 14 August 2014

Two cards - part 1

I really had a good play this morning & managed to make two rubber stamped cards  I am going to show you one of them here today.

I had an idea to try something I had seen somewhere - probably a magazine.  It is a one layer card, which I do make from time to time, but there was just something a little different in its design & use of inks;


I masked off a rectangular area just below the middle of the card & coloured the space with Distress Inks. I started with Mustard Seed, then Spiced Marigold & finally just a little Fired Brick. I then used water to take out some of the ink - starting with an eraser in the end of a pencil dipped in water & dotted about the area.  The wet patch being dabbed with a piece of kitchen tissue to lift the ink.  I then lightly spritzed the area with water as well & dabbed that off giving this speckled look.

With Versafine Black Onyx ink I stamped the leaf spray - which is part of a set from Clearly Besotted.  I hadn't thought the positioning through enough & so didn't have anywhere really to stamp another spray.  So I left it for a while & then decided on stamping the butterflies.  The Happy Birthday stamp  is one I have had most of my stamping life & is from a company called First Class Stamps (I don't think they are in business anymore).

Finally a little baling to complete the card.

I am definitely going to make more like this - but must think the design through a little more first.  Lesson learnt.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you found it interesting.

Tomorrow I will show the second card that I made today & who knows I may even produce some more tomorrow.  'Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.