About me

Tuesday, 5 August 2014

One stamp three cards

Good evening everyone.

I have three cards to show you this evening plus some dry embossing that I also found time to do.


I decided that I really should have some embossed card ready & to hand rather than just embossing it when I needed it.  So I have used 4 different background embossing folders & one frame folder. I also decided white card was the thing to go for so that I could colour to suit what I might use it for & with.



This tulip stamp is from Stamps Away & the Happy Birthday I have had for years. For this card I decided to use one of the frame embossed sheets. I need to practice a bit more with adding colour by gently swiping the pad across the card, because on this one I did get a couple of bad smudges.  But managed to cover them!!!!!!!


I have had this little petal shaped card for sometime & really couldn't think what to do with it. I thought I would try using this pretty green background paper & drew around the card to get the complimentary shape on the paper.  It just needed trimming on the straight edges to make it a little smaller to leave a border.


I really like the effect of this embossing folder & in fact the reverse makes a very nice pattern as well.
I hadn't intended to make quite as large a border of colour around the edge. My heavy hand again I think - but I am still pleased with the result.

Each of the tulip sprays were stamped in Forest Moss Distress Ink & then coloured in with - Picked Raspberry & Mustard Seed.  when the inks were dry & pressed a Versamark Ink Pad onto them & covered with clear EP then heated them.  Each tulip spray was then cut out leaving a white margin & attached to the cards with sticky pads.

Not a bad days work.  I hope I can keep it up.

'Bye for now - thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.