About me

Tuesday, 12 August 2014

cd sunday challenge - quilted fun

Good evening everyone.

For the first time in ages & certainly since starting this new blog I am finally entering a challenge, & its a return to one of my favourite challenge blogs - CD Sunday

This week the challenge is called "Quilted Fun". To me this said babies or cute animals & bed.  I chose to use The Docrafts Digital Designer & their CD called "New Arrival" - one of the Forever Friends sets.

The test was how to create a quilt! well, this is what I did -


I took a 7" x 5" card, landscape & drew around a tea plate to give the open edge a curve to create a rocker card. In order to rock my quilt covered Teddy to sleep.  After I had chosen the background papers from the CD I cut them into 1" squares, outlined them with faux stitching & covered the lower section of the card.  I printed out the teddy twice & used his feet & his Teddy doll for some decoupage.  After staring at the card for a while (nothing was stuck down at this stage) I felt it needed some lift,  so I created a pillow from a matching paper, added some lace around the edges & fixed it to the card with some extra sticky pads in the centre giving it a padded look.  I then stuck 2 pink & 2 blue squares wrong sides together, folded one corner back & placed them over the original squares & the teddy's feet to make it look like he was pushing the covers back.  Finally I added lace to the curved edge, a plastic congratulations & some pink & blue buttons.


Here is the card stood up & it does rock slightly.

Thank you for popping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Why not pop over to the challenge blog & see the other entries - why not have a go yourself?  Just click on the link above.

8 comments:

  1. How beautiful and very cleverly made Gloria and welcome back , it is good to see your crafting again, we have missed you and hope you are well.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday
    sue-b DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delightful. You've created an inspirational card. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday/ Wynn DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Gloria and with such a beautiful card. You put a lot of thought into making this and it shows. Love the Pillow and the Cushion. You have been missed and good to see you back crafting.
    Thank you for your kind words re CD Sunday and also for joining in with us.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card, loving your rocking card. Thanks for joining us at CD. Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and a perfect card for a new baby. Lovely quilting.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautifully designed card. You are very talented. Perfect for our challenge. Thank you.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card and so cute too. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday once again.

    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.