About me

Friday, 1 August 2014

Cards with different folds

Good afternoon - I do hope you are not getting the rainy showers that we have here today - where is the sun!

A few weeks ago at the beginning of July I ran a workshop for my local craft shop with the title of  "Cards with different folds".  The hardest part of preparation for this workshop was what styles to leave out.  As I found out that the ladies booked on the workshop hadn't actually made many cards before, I looked out three designs that I felt would not tax them too much.

These are the three cards I chose for them;

 The Twisted Card

outside view

 inside view

I found this card on the good old Internet.
It only needs one A4 sheet (well less actually) & some decorative papers & embellishments.
I thought it was rather nice.

****************************
The Star Card

 outside (closed) view

inside (open) view

I was actually shown this card some time ago by a stamping colleague
but had never got around to making it.
Again - it can be made from one A4 sheet of card & is based on an equilateral triangle.
So can be done any size - once you have worked out how to draw the triangle.
Then just select your papers & embellishments.

**************************
The Spring Card


I love this little card.
It has been around for a while & always comes up fresh each time I return to it.
Depending on the size it is made it can be made from an A4 sheet, sometimes two from one sheet.
All you need then is decorative papers & embellishments.

As you can see in two of the cards I have used some stamping.  They are three cards that it would not be too difficult to make your own decorative papers for.

The ladies on the workshop enjoyed making these three cards & immediately asked if I would create another workshop with some more different fold cards.  So I have all of August to come up with the ideas.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Gloria, I looked for the star card on the 'net and found the instructions, must have a go! Good luck with your new blog, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.