About me

Monday, 18 August 2014

A break from the sorting

Good afternoon everyone.

I just had to take a little break from this sorting of my craft room this morning.

Back in November 2013 I went to my first mixed media workshop & decorated a canvas.  It has been sitting in my craft room whilst I decide where I will put it - but the problem was I was not happy with the colour scheme (of the canvas), or the finish.


Here it is

I had been thinking for quite a while to go over it with white gesso & rethink the colour scheme, but it just needed that little mental shove to actually do it.

I got that mental shove this morning.  So taking a brief rest from sorting I got out the gesso & painted the top surface.  It is currently sitting on top of some boxes drying.  Then tomorrow I will do the sides.


For the finish I am thinking of sepia & vintage colours, as I have a mirror that I also altered with mixed media & a memory canvas in those colours. Then I would be able to have them on the wall all together.

I am slowly getting the re-organisation of my craft room sorted - but more to do to it tomorrow.

Thank you for stopping by - I hope the weather is being kind to you - it has poured with rain here most of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.