About me

Tuesday, 26 August 2014

a birthday card

Hello everyone I hope you all had a good bank holiday weekend.

Today I set to & made a birthday card using one of the backgrounds I created a few weeks ago. They had been sat on my desk staring at me wondering when I was going to use them.

Here is the card;


The colour I used on this one was the Antique Linen Distress Ink & when I decided to use it today realised I might have a problem putting something with it.  I chose this tulip stamp which is from Stamps Away which I stamped in Versafine Black Onyx & then whilst it was still damp embossed it with clear EP.  Next was a hunt amongst the Promarkers to find a suitable colour for the tulips.  I tried several of the yellow pens on a piece of scrap paper & this one was perfect - Buttercup - which I used lightly to give a delicate finish. I stamped & coloured the image twice & then cut one out with the label die, & the other one with scissors leaving a small white border around it.  This was then placed on sticky dots over the other one.  A little bow completed the card.

Tomorrow I must use the other embossed background.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments - they are always appreciated.